Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home sweet home









Things I love about our apartment.
We are exactly 771 steps from the beach. A long, yawning, low tide, seashell filled, squishy-soft sand, rarely anyone on it beach.
The adorable little dishwasher that opens up like a drawer.
I never have to yell "Brent" as where-ever he is, he is always right next to me.
The changing color, texture, pace and sound of the water in the harbor. It is RIGHT outside my bedroom and living room.
No room for my stuff. With no stuff, there are far fewer decisions about what to eat. What to wear. Or is there enough time to clean up the place. Answer - yes. It takes about 5 minutes.
I have 2 washers and 3 dryers. Living in the hotel has its benefits. I've grown accustomed to stubbing my toe on the many bottles of wine that now live under our bed. When someone says "lay down the wine", we really get it. No room in the kitchen. What pantry closet?
There are only three drawers and six shelves in the kitchen. Things just CAN'T pile up.
I have a door in every room - I can be outside in 2 seconds from anywhere.
You can see what I mean....
The photos in this posting show the view from our living room; the view down the esplanade to the wharf and out to the sea; my "office" [a sole computer on a patio table]; kitchen and living space.

No comments:

Post a Comment