Monday, January 26, 2009

A rush






I'm relieved they give us water boots and a long-sleeved fleece - even in this ozone-leaking sun, I fear being cold on the river;
The raft is heavy, especially as we carry it over the field with dry grass and horse dung - to the river, to the river;
Am I nervous or is this what fun feels like? As Adam tightens my helmet and life vest, I choose fun.
Front. Back. Stop. I must watch Brent as he doesn't watch me to make sure the timing is right.
At the top of the waterfall: HOLD ON. Paddle is back. Hands tight along the rope. Huddled in a crash position.
Bouncing. HUGE amounts of water - almost underwater. [Will we tip???] Falling.
Smile for the camera. [They really don't have to give you THAT instruction].

And this was all before 2!

4 comments:

  1. R U CRAZY? YIKEEEESSSSS. You two have turned into quite the adventurers. I'm so proud of you...and now I get to be worried about you too. What a great experience. Keep in touch. Got your cool postcard. Place looks great...and so do you. Miss and love YOU-
    Cookie and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrenaline is fun! Many people spend their lives chasing this feeling. Enjoy! Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrenaline is fun! Many spend their lives chasing an ever greater sense of adrenaline. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete